Pages

Rock Courtship by Nalini Singh (Vicky)

23165528
Title/Series: Rock Courtship (Rock Kiss #1.5)
Author: Nalini Singh
Target: Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating:★★★★
 What happens when the Gentleman of Rock decides to play dirty?

  A drummer for the hottest rock band on the planet, David has a single, powerful weakness: Thea, the band's publicist and the woman who steals his breath away with her every move.

 Only problem is, Thea doesn't date clients-or musicians. Emotionally scarred by a cheating ex, she's not about to risk her heart with a man who has groupies buzzing around him like flies. Even if his sexy smile ties her up in knots.

 What she doesn't know is that David is a one-woman man...and he's madly in love with her. David's determined to prove he's worth the risk, and willing to court her, step by exquisite step. Thea's about to discover just how long and hard this handsome drummer can play.

 I am SO GLAD I decided to continue reading this series! I had several problems with Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss #1), but Rock Courtship worked so much better for me. None of my issues with the previous instalment applied with this one.

 The Good:

 + I LOVE David, aka “The Gentleman of Rock”.



 He is SWEET and LOYAL and, as Charlie put it, totally SCRUMPTIOUS. I also fell for his deep sense of honour and family values. Plus, he loves that Thea’s tough, which makes me love him even more.

 + THOSE MEMOS! I can’t even. My mind was made up after the first one.


 + Thea who, faced with some insecurities and jealousy, decides to OPEN A LINE OF COMMUNICATION with her partner. Colour me shocked. A MC in a romance novel who decides to talk things through instead of keeping everything inside.


 + The choir anecdote! I loved seeing how the band members became a family.

 The not so good:

 - There was this one scene in which I wanted to shake some sense into Thea and maybe give her a punch for good measure SPOILER-> She’s makes a situation about her, what she needs (a moment to breathe, to think) but she isn't the victim there and she should be assuring David she believes him and being there for him. <-SPOILER, but it was quickly resolved, and even though I was mad at her actions (or lack thereof) I did understand her predicament.

 - I rolled my eyes a couple of times, but it’s becoming clear that this is inevitable for me when I'm reading Romances. I like romantic stories but aren't too fond of some of the exaggerations/ridiculousness than appear mostly during the sex scenes.

 - I miss the world-building and intricate plots and sense of danger from Nalini Singh’s PNR series.

 In a nutshell: This was SO MUCH BETTER than the previous instalment in the series for me. David has made himself a place in my heart. Now I'm eagerly awaiting Charlie and T-Rex’s story, as well as those of the other Schoolboy Choir members.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Content by Camila Castro @ The Opinionated Catruler. Powered by Blogger.
 

Behind the words

My photo
I like things. Sometimes they are the same kind of things. Sometimes I'm in a mood and like things I don't usually like. Sometimes I hate things. Sometimes I'm not sure how I feel about things. But, no matter what, I'm always honest about it.

camila's favorite quotes

follow me

follow me

Follow on Bloglovin